About the charity
Who we are
The BGI is a national voice for videogame culture, heritage and education.
Our charity runs a wide range of social impact programmes that empower people from all backgrounds to:
- Play through accessible and creative experiences that engage and inspire.
- Collaborate through inclusive communities, research, discussions and teamwork.
- Learn through informal, formal and vocational learning.
The BGI is a Charitable Independent Organisation number 1183530. The charity’s objects are to advance the education of the public in general in the art, science, history and technology of digital games by:
- the development and maintenance of a museum;
- the provision and assistance in the provision of facilities for education; and
- the promotion of research in all aspects of that subject and to publish the useful results.