Kickstart your career in games development
Follow the journeys of four people who recently applied, interviewed and started their careers in the competitive industry of games development. On this course, you’ll learn about the different skills used in games development teams.
You’ll learn how to assess skills listed in job applications and discover strategies for demonstrating these skills when you apply. You will practise sample interview questions and hear from industry experts on ways to stand out from the crowd. By the end of the course, you’ll be equipped with tools and techniques to help you start your career in games development.
What topics will you cover?
- How games developers got their start in games development
- What entry-level games programmers, artists, designers and producers do day to day and how they work together
- What are the hidden professional skills that could make you easier to hire
- What recruitment companies would like to see in your CV and what could help you stand out from the crowd
- Tips on providing evidence that you can do a games job, even if you lack experience
- Inside the interview room – what games studios are really looking for at interviews